Hardwood floors are elegant and beautiful. They’re coveted by many homeowners because they add value and sophistication to any home. At Floor Coverings International Birmingham, Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring is among our favorite types of hardwood.
About Brazilian Hardwood Flooring
Brazilian cherry hardwood does not actually come from a cherry tree but gets the name from the cherry coloring. Brazilian floors vary in color and can have color tones of pink, orange, and brown. As the floor ages, the colors deepen to richer shades of red. Brazilian hardwood can come from the Brazilian rainforest, but is also found in other parts of the world such as Mexico, Central America, South America, and the West Indies.
Benefits of Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Floors
• Brazilian cherry hardwood is long-lasting and durable, making it great for high-traffic rooms of the home. It has one of the highest ratings on the Janka hardness scale and is harder than bamboo, maple, and oak flooring.
• They’re unique. Because these floors are created in nature, no two floors will have the exact same look or coloring.
• Brazilian hardwood floors will add value to your home.
• These floors are resistant to rotting as well as bugs.
• Due to the hardness of the wood, it is very difficult to scratch or dent the flooring. This means it will hold up well to everyday wear and tear.
• Brazilian cherry floors have bold and vivid colors, which can contribute to the décor and personal style of many homes.
Brazilian cherry hardwood floors may be more expensive and require different maintenance than other flooring, but their exotic look and natural splendor make up for it. If you’re ready to make the transition to hardwood flooring, call the local experts at Floor Coverings International Birmingham today! We offer free in-home consultations and estimates so you’re happy with your flooring experience.
Photo Credit: Photographee.eu