Personalized. Unique. Adaptable enough for almost any space, ceramic tile and natural stone such as granite, slate, and marble are among the most versatile flooring materials available. At Floor Coverings International in Birmingham we can help you select beautiful new tile for your home. A wide range of textures, colors, and tones provide a palette for almost endless design possibilities. Our Design Associate can create the perfect look for your home using natural stone or tile flooring in patterns ranging from simple lines to more elaborate options customized for each room.
- The durability of stone and ceramic tile make them well-suited to high traffic areas
- Ceramic or glass tile is especially popular in entryways, bathrooms, and kitchens
- Stone and tile flooring can usually be cleaned using only a damp mop or sponge
- Some stone flooring can be sealed for better stain resistance, depending on the specific material used
- Tile is available in a huge assortment of sizes, colors, patterns, and finishes
- Grout color can be customized to match or contrast with your choice of tile
- Accent tiles, mosaics, and pattern options are limited only by the imagination and give your home a unique look
Also consider that:
- Some tile surfaces can be slick, especially when wet, while other types of tile provide greater traction. Smaller tiles offer more traction as well.
- Standing for long periods on a stone or tile floor can result in sore or tired feet so we recommend adding small area rugs.
- Tile does not retain heat well, so floors may feel cold to bare feet in winter.
Add some elegant tile to your entryway, kitchen, or bathroom today! Call Floor Coverings International of Birmingham and set up a free, in-home consultation. We’ll answer any questions you may have and make sure you get the perfect natural stone or tile flooring for your home.